Services and Programs
Mental Health Referral Services
Mens Sana Bulletin
Mens Sana Program
Mens Sana was created in 1991 by families in York Region who came together to support one another, and to provide the services and supports their family members needed. Funded almost exclusively by the generosity of donors, Mens Sana offers residential supports, clinical and referral services, and day services for adults with chronic mental illness.
Residential Mental Health Services
We offer 24/7-365 support to promote healthy living, socializing and the development of strategies individuals can use when they feel a loss of control.
- Individualized Goal Planning: health management, skills for independent living, social recreational activities
- Educational Program: participants get to know their pre-relapse symptoms, and learn to use imminent strategies to maintain their well-being
Mental Health Day/Drop-In Services
Program activities are offered to both members, and their families and support networks. Activities vary, based on individual needs and goals. While some may want to work towards future goals (competitive employment, independent living, furthering education, etc.), others may want to simply attend and choose to participate in activities offered (i.e. Mental health management classes, social and recreational opportunities, meal preparation class, art therapy group, computer class, etc.).
- Vocational Skills
- Independent Living Skills
- Coping Skills
- Social Recreational Groups
We offer a day program/drop in for individuals who need a place to be, a place to belong. The program activities vary, based on individual need and individual goals. While some may want to work towards future goals (competitive employment, independent living, furthering education, etc.) others may want to simply attend and select options from offered activities (i.e. mental health management classes, social and recreational opportunities, meal preparation class, art therapy group, computer class and similar).
Services are offered to families and people who live with a loved one with mental health and/or intellectual disabilities (dual diagnosis). We believe that families are part of the solution in care provision and therefore work to ensure that families have there sources and support they need during difficult times.
- Assessments for families / Individualized Program Planning
- Wellness educational program
- Mental Health Workshops
- Family Support Group
Mental Health Referral Services
Services are offered to both people with mental health needs, and their family and support networks. We work in coordination with VITA’s Support Services Team to connect and collaborate with families, members and the developmental services sector to ensure that individuals and their families receive appropriate support.
- Current-sector trends: Our staff work hard to stay current on the services offered to people with mental health needs.
- Guidance: The referral process can be daunting for individuals and their families. We guide you through the paperwork and help you navigate the system. We aim to either provide service or find services that are a better fit.